Introducing the world’s first working Sonic Screwdriver, the futuristic lock pick from Doctor Who. In fact, it’s even better than the real thing. It’s like a pocket-sized TARDIS that lets you go backward or forward in time. That’s because it’s a remote control for all your entertainment systems including TVs, iPod docks and DVD/Blu-ray players (up to 39 devices).
The box is packed with goodies including the hefty 1 lb. diecast copper plated sonic screwdriver, a high quality presentation display case with clear cover (above), and double-sided illustrated instruction manual (left).
The blueprint style instructions look intimidating but learning is hands on, literally. It’s a gestured-based remote and has a practice mode, which features a voice assisted tutorial.
A very sexy sounding British woman teaches you how to thrust your tool (who says it doesn’t work on wood).
– Guided Setup: Teaches you how to use it with spoken prompts
– FX Mode: 13 authentic special FX sounds from the universe of Doctor Who
– Bright illuminating tip: lights up in use and pulses when in standby
– Advanced gesture recognition technology: 13 gestures multiplied by 3 memory banks means up to 39 remote control codes can be stored
– Special features: Personal Lock Code, discover its secret communications
– Hand polished
– Copper Plated
– Diecast metal construction
– Soft touch grip
Requires 2 x AAA Batteries (not included) rechargeable batteries review